Bluetooth® rocks in the car
Bluetooth has changed the way I consume media in my car. Music files, streaming music, and podcasts are automatically on tap when I get behind the wheel — there’s no need to plug my phone in via USB port or the aux input. And when a call comes in, I can answer with the touch of a button and talk hands-free, so my eyes (and attention) stay on the road. And since I’m an iPhone® user, I’ve got Siri on tap just by pressing the receiver’s control knob, too. If that sounds good, consider Pioneer’s DEH-X4800BT CD receiver for your car, and upgrade your driving experience by getting connected.
The DEH-X4800BT’s built-in Bluetooth lets you safely stay connected while driving.
This Pioneer adds a couple of cool new features to your Bluetooth experience. Wide Band Speech Technology ensures clear and easy-to-understand conversations – no more shouting so your caller can understand you. The receiver pairs up with two phones at a time, so your significant other can always make a call. Plus, with many devices, you can browse through your music library by playlist, artist, album title, or song title.
Your music is on tap
Connect your iPod® or iPhone® to the front-panel USB input, you’ll be able to access your playlists from the receiver’s controls. You’ll also enjoy control over your favorite Pandora® stations from the receiver when your iPhone is connected. If you’re into your CD collection, you’ll enjoy excellent reproduction of your store-bought and home-burned discs.
Previous Pioneer receivers let you access music files stored on many Android phones through USB. The DEH-X4800BT goes a step further with Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you control music streaming apps like Pandora® with compatible devices. You’ll enjoy excellent sound quality and you won’t have to pick up the phone whenever you want to skip a track.
Download Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control App (ARC) to your iOS or Android device, plug in via USB, and you’ve got a smart remote control for your Pioneer in the palm of your hand. You’ll use your touchscreen to access advanced functions like source selection, playback, music library browsing, music app selection, and much more.
Find your perfect soundscape
The built-in 5-band EQ allows you to shape the tone of the powerful MOSFET amplifier, so your music sounds right in your car. Two pairs of preamp outputs let you add external amplifiers or a powered sub.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- detachable face with single-line 13-character display
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- compatible with Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control smartphone app
- Pandora-ready for iPhone and Android
- music file and streaming audio playback from select Android devices through USB input
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- Easy EQ 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year