Satellite radio — more than music
I’ve always been impressed with what satellite radio offers. Sure, there are scores of music channels, but I’ve also enjoyed scanning for in-depth news, sports, and talk too. You can jump into the mix with Pioneer’s DEH-X3800S CD receiver — once you add the SiriusXM tuner (not included), you’ll be able to find your favorites from the hundreds of satellite radio channels, covering the gamut of music, news, talk, sports, and comedy, available any time you’re behind the wheel. The best part — once you find a station you like, you can listen to it all the way from Albequerque, NM to Albany, NY.
Built for Android™ (and iPhone®)
Add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner to the DEH-X3800S for more programming variety.
Previous Pioneer receivers let you access music files stored on many Android phones through USB. This receiver goes a step further with AOA 2.0. Android Open Accessory 2.0 lets you plug in compatible devices through the Pioneer’s USB port and control music streaming apps like Pandora®. You’ll enjoy excellent sound quality and you won’t have to pick up the phone whenever you want to skip a track
You can control the playlists on your iPod® or iPhone® by plugging into the front-panel USB input, and if you’re a Pandora® fan, you’ll have control of your favorite stations from the receiver when your iPhone’s connected. If you’re into your CD collection, you’ll enjoy flawless playback of your store-bought and home-burned discs, while the front auxiliary input handles just about any other audio source.
Download Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control App (ARC) to your iOS or Android device, plug in via USB, and you’ve got a smart remote control for your Pioneer in the palm of your hand. You’ll use your touchscreen to access advanced functions like source selection, playback, music library browsing, music app selection, and much more.
The DEH-3800S adds color variety with a multi-color, dual-zone display that lets you choose from thousands of colors for the display and controls — you can even choose different colors for each. MIXTRAX adds to the fun by adding transitions between songs along with a light show that pulses and changes color with the beat of the music.
Powerful, customizable sound
Pioneer’s potent MOSFET amplifier delivers plenty of power, while the 5-band EQ really irons out any “hot spots” in your car’s acoustics. If you are building a system, you’ll find the two pairs of preamp outputs handy for adding external amps or a powered sub.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons and 10-level illumination dimmer
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility):
- built in iPod, iPhone, and iPad controls
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- compatible with Pioneer’s Advanced Remote Control smartphone app
- music file and streaming audio playback from select Android devices through USB input
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- Easy EQ 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner – supports new Tune Mix feature
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year