K40 RLS2 Radar / Laser Detector
Portable Performance Taken to the MAX
Utilizing many of the same advanced technologies found in our acclaimed remote installed radar detection systems, the high-performance RLS2 packs a powerful defensive punch into a convenient, portable design.
Maximum accuracy is assured thanks to the intelligent K-Band filter that automatically scans and rejects radar-based safety features.
By employing state-of-the-art GPS communication, maximum convenience is delivered with “Mark to Mute”. Just one button push is all that is required to permanently silence the audio warning of false warning locations you normally encounter.
With a variety of audible and visual warnings that warn what type of threat you’re facing as well as “geiger” audio effect that increases in intensity, you’ll be armed with maximum critical information so you can decide what action is required.
In addition to these early warning system features, 13 customizable settings give you maximum control over your driving experience.
- K-Band Filter – An advanced, automatic filtering technology that intelligently recognizes and rejects radar-based safety features (such as adaptive cruise control or blind spot assist) in other vehicles so you can remain focused on real radar threats.
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Your RLS2 will reject alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Mark to Mute – By using sophisticated GPS technology, you can easily program your system to mute the audible warning of false, non-police radar locations (e.g. an automatic door) you regularly travel past with a simple button push.
- 13 Customizable Settings – No two drivers, vehicles, or driving environments are the same. The K40 RLS2 is completely customizable to the way you drive.
- Flexible Mute options – Offers multiple ways to silence alerts, including automatic volume reduction.
- Dim – Adjust the intensity of the display depending on the time of day or your visual preference.
- GPS-based “Mark to Alert” – Mark to alert for locations such as speed traps, school zones, or red light cameras. This feature gives you the ability to “Mark and Unmark” any location. Build your own database of locations that are important to you. No annual subscriptions and no downloading or updating an ever-changing database from a home computer or laptop.
- Quiet Ride – Eliminate annoying alerts in areas with a high concentration of non-police radar sources such as a strip mall parking lot. Just set a minimum detection speed and all audible alerts are eliminated until your vehicle exceeds a defined speed.
- Speed Monitor – The next best thing to having a vigilant co-pilot riding with you. Whenever a preselected speed is exceeded, a constant audible alert is activated along with a visual alert advising you to “slow down.”
- Fully Programmable Radar/Laser Alert Options – Enables you to eliminate audible and visual alerts to specific radar bands or laser.
- Accessories Included – Everything you need to install the RLS2 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hardwired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Digital Display – Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as provide a “geiger” audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant Dot Matrix Display – Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment. Default display shows your filter setting, compass direction, and speed reading.
Detects all North American approved police radar frequency and radar gun:
|Operating Frequencies||10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)24.050 – 24.250 GHz (K-Band)
33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
830 – 945 nanometers (Laser)
|Power Requirements||11.5 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground170 mA typical standby|
|Dimensions||5.11 in. L x 2.86 in. W x 1.39 in. H|
Three Filter Settings:
|Detects all North American police radar (X, K, and Ka-Band) and laser signals at full sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
|2. City||50% reduction in X-band sensitivity. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, Ka, and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|3. Filter||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and Ka-Band sensitivity by 50%. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
- Voice Type – Male / Female
- Audible Voice – Voice On / Voice Off
- Wake Up – Wake Up Long / Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- Speed Displayed – Speed On / Speed Off – for mph/kph on screen
- Compass Heading – On / Off – directional heading on screen
- POP Radar Band – On / Off – turning POP on will greatly increase alerts non-police radar bursts
- Quiet Ride – Set minimum detection speed from 5 mph – 75mph / 10 kph – 120 kph
- Speed Monitor – Set to alert when a preselected speed is exceeded.
- X-Band – On / Off
- K-Band – On / Off
- Ka-Band – On / Off
- Laser – On / Off
- Factory Reset
Radar Receiver Type – DSP Datadyne Technologies
GPS Receiver Type – SiRFstar III
Display Type – Full Dot Matrix Display
Signal Strength Indicators – Audible Geiger and numeric signal strength indications
RDD Guard – Protection from Radar Detector Detectors