K40 RD950 Radar / Laser Detector
The RD950 is the easiest to own and operate K40 radar and laser detector that offers superior – and guaranteed – protection against speeding tickets.
Just plug it in…the RD950 comes pre-tested and pre-set from the factory and includes everything you need to be instantly protected with maximum range and accuracy.
If you desire more control for where and how you drive, 10 customizable menu options let you program the RD950 to meet your specific needs and provide the most enjoyable driving experience possible.
- K-Band Filter – An advanced, automatic filtering technology that intelligently recognizes and rejects radar-based safety features (such as adaptive cruise control or blind spot assist) in other vehicles so you can remain focused on real radar threats.
- Fully Programmable – 10 customizable menu settings allow you to program your RD950 to fit you and your driving environment.
- Flexible Mute Options – Offers multiple ways to silence alerts, including automatic volume reduction.
- Filter – Choose between three sensitivity options based on where and how you drive.
- Dim – Adjust the intensity of the display depending on the time of day or your visual preference.
- Accessories Included – Everything you need to install the RD950 is included: Fully-adjustable windshield mounting bracket with suction cups, a standard coiled power cord with 12V outlet adapter, and a straight power cord for a custom hardwired installation.
- Voice or Tone plus Display – Unique audible and visual warnings alert you to the specific police radar band targeting your vehicle as well as provide a “geiger” audio alert that accelerates as you near the threat.
- Vibrant Dot Matrix Display – Great looking and easy to read, day or night. Easily adjust the brightness to suit your driving environment.
Detects every North American approved police radar frequency and radar gun:
|Operating Frequencies||10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)24.050 – 24.250 GHz (K-Band)
33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
830 – 945 nanometers (Laser)
|Power Requirements||11.5 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground170 mA typical standby|
|Dimensions||4.572 in. L x 2.728 in. W x 1.124 in. H|
Three Filter Settings:
|Detects all types of North American approved police radar or laser signals at full sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are
unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
|2. City||The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar
signals. K, Ka, and Laser will remain at full sensivity.
|When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.|
|3. Filter||Eliminates X-Band detection completely. Reduces
K and Ka-Band sensitivity. Laser detection will remain at full sensitivity.
|When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
- Voice Type – Male / Female
- Audible Voice – Voice On / Voice Off
- Wake Up – Wake Up Long (Full) / Wake Up Short (abbreviated start-up sequence)
- POP Radar Band – On / Off – turning POP on will greatly increase alerts to non-police radar bursts
- X-Band – On / Off
- K-Band – On / Off
- Ka-Band – On / Off
- Laser – On / Off
- Factory Reset
RDD Guard – Radar Detector Detector shielded
Radar Receiver Type – DSP Datadyne Technologies
Display Type – Full Dot Matrix Text Display
Signal Strength Indicators – Audible Geiger and visual strength indications