Alpine was thinking about versatility when they built their V-Power Series MRV-F300 4-channel amplifier.
- In 4-channel mode, it delivers 50 watts RMS to each of your car’s front and rear speakers, making for some sweet sound on your drive.
- You can also run this amp in 3-channel mode, powering a subwoofer with 150 watts RMS while driving a pair of full-range speakers with 50 watts each.
- Or, if you need a good amp for bass, you can switch the amp to 2-channel mode and send up to 150 watts RMS each to a pair of subwoofers.
You can always find a place for this amp in your system, and Alpine made this amp so small — 40% smaller than the previous model — it can fit almost anywhere.
Thermal protection without annoying shut-downs
The MRV-F300 uses a technology called Enhanced Shutdown Performance, which rolls back the output a bit when the amp threatens to overheat from playing at its limits too long. Instead of shutting down completely, it continues playing your music, until it cools enough to return to full power.
High- and low-pass filters put you in command of the frequencies that reach your speakers, while a bass boost lets you apply some extra low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio. If you’re using the speaker-level inputs, the amp senses an incoming signal and turns itself on, eliminating the need to run a turn-on wire back to your vehicle’s receiver or fusebox. If you’re a tweaker, you’ll appreciate the end-piece terminal covers that can be snapped in and out without the need for any tools.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (+12 dB at 50 Hz) on channels 3 & 4
- MOSFET power supply
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Remote Sensing automatic turn-on when using speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated screw terminals
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 7-7/8″W x 2-3/16″H x 7-7/8″D
- warranty: 1 year