Designed for digital music fans
Pioneer’s MVH-X380BT digital media receiver lets you enjoy music from your iPhone® or iPod®, select Android™ phones, or a USB thumb drive. You also get built-in Bluetooth® technology and awesome Pioneer performance – all at a surprisingly nice price. Plus, you can still check out the news or a ballgame on good old-fashioned AM/FM radio. All this great tech comes in a smart-looking package that boasts a “form follows function” design that’s easy to read and easy to operate.
With iPod and iPhone Direct Control, you can plug your device into the receiver’s USB port and make music selections through the receiver. As a bonus, the receiver will also charge your device while you’re playing your tunes. If you own a compatible iPhone, you can take advantage of Siri® Eyes Free functionality with a touch of a button, accessing a variety of functions with your voice commands.
All Android users can control their music via Bluetooth or plug into the front panel USB port and play music while getting a charge. If you just purchased a new Android phone, you’ll be glad to hear that the MVH-X380BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), so you can use your USB port to stream music from Android 4.1 (or later) devices. You can also plug in a thumb drive and enjoy MP3, WMA, and WAV files, or use the aux input to connect an MP3 player or portable satellite radio.
If you’re using an iPod, iPhone, or USB device, Pioneer’s integrated MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology can turn your music collection into a non-stop playlist, complete with mix effects. And if you’re a Pandora fan, you can use your iPhone or Android phone to create unique stations that play nothing but your favorite kinds of music.
The convenience of Bluetooth™
The MVH-X380BT features built-in Bluetooth, so you can enjoy hands-free calling and wireless music streaming on the road. The included external microphone picks up your conversation, and you’ll hear your caller through your vehicle’s speakers. Wide Band Speech Technology ensures clear and easy-to-understand conversations.
The dual phone connection lets you pair two phones, while “Guest Mode” allows you to add or replace a mobile device with ease. That’s a great feature for a family car with multiple drivers, or one driver with multiple devices.
Big power, compact chassis
With no CD player to worry about, Pioneer’s designers were able to fit lots of features into a compact chassis that will fit into a wide variety of dashboards. Pioneer’s powerful MOSFET amplifier gives you outstanding sound, while Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology brings back the details lost when you compress music. A 5-band graphic equalizer lets you adjust the sound to suit your tastes, while a set of RCA preamp outputs allows you to expand your system with a powered sub.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calls and music streaming
- Bluetooth features include Dual Phone Pairing and Guest Mode
- USB Auto Switch lets you charge your phone or use it as a source
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV music files
- Pandora-ready for iPhone and Android
- shallow chassis fits in a variety of applications
- detachable face with single-line 13-character display
- remote control
- external microphone included
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) restores sound to compressed files
- 5-band graphic equalizer
- low-pass/high-pass filters
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- AOA 2.0 for music streaming and control from Android
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs
- 10-step illumination dimmer control, plus illumination timer
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 1 year